Privacy – what we do with your data
Your data, privacy and the Law
How we use your personal data:
- This practice handles medical records according to the laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing you with care and treatment. This is on a need to know basis and event by event.
- Some of your medical data is automatically copied to the Shared Care Summary Record.
- We may share some of your medical data with local out of hours / urgent or emergency care service
- Data about you is used to manage national screening campaigns such as ‘Flu, Cervical Cytology (smear tests), Breast Cancer Screening and Diabetes Prevention.
- Data about you, usually anonymised, is used to manage the NHS and make payments.
- We share information when the law requires us to do, for instance when we are inspected or reporting certain illnesses or safeguarding vulnerable people.
- Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by the NHS.
- We may also share medical records for medical research.
For more detailed information, including the lawful basis for processing your data under the General Data Protection Regulations (2018), please see the individual documents below, which are available to read on our website or by asking at Reception.
Privacy Notice For Direct Care
Privacy Notice For Care Quality Commission
Privacy Notice For Emergencies
Privacy Notice For National screening programmes
Privacy Notice For NHS Digital
Privacy Notice For Summary Care Record
Privacy Notice For Safeguarding
Privacy Notice For Risk Stratification
Privacy Notice For Public Health
Website Privacy Notice
How the NHS uses your data - posterHow the NHS uses your data